Sunday, March 26, 2006

Oscar winners and nominees I want to see

I watched the Academy Awards/Oscars on Sunday and Monday evening, and I now have a good short list of movies to put into my Netflix queue.

It was no surprise that Brokeback Mountain, Memoirs of a Geisha, King Kong, and The Chronicles of Narnia won awards. These will now move from my "maybe" list to my "definitely want to see" list. Already on that list are non-winning nominees Corpse Bride and A History of Violence.

The big upset for the night was that the heavily nominated Brokeback Mountain did not win Best Picture. That honor went to the very deserving Crash, which also won for Best Editing and Best Original Screenplay. Crash was one of the only winners (or nominees, for that matter) that I have already seen, and I am glad it got the recognition it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home