Friday, March 31, 2006

Using my brain at the Library

Just yesterday I was talking to my boss about how I wasn't terribly inspired or challenged with my position at the Library. Today things got a lot better.

Today is the first of three cataloging workshops. Although cataloging can get a little tedious, I've always liked it because of the precision and attention to detail required. This workshop is excellent, because it further enhances these aspects. So far we've done a basic overview of the MARC system (Machine Readable Cataloging (ie: standard, computerized records of all the items in the library)), focusing on terminology, and starting to get into the "why this or that aspect of a record is important."

My brain is awake, and enjoying the stimulation of being made to think.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home