Sunday, April 02, 2006

Independent Video & Filmmakers Festival

Saturday I attended the last half of the IU South Bend Independent Video & Filmmakers Festival . I saw about 20 short films made by people mostly in Indiana.

I went mainly to see the quality of local, independent films so that I would have an idea of what I need to produce in order to be on par with the independent film industry in this area.

I enjoyed almost all the films; the ones I liked less just happened to be genres I didn't care for (like Horror). Two of my favorites were Boundaries, in which a woman meets a trombone player who follows her around poking her with the end of the trombone, and Teenage Superhero Pregnancy Scare, a film populated entirely by super-heroes, but with decidedly down-to-earth problems.

Assuming I hear about it in time (I almost missed it this year), I will likely attend again next year. I also might look for some other film festivals; sometime I want to go to the Toronto film festival.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i remembered the film i liked! it was "enjoy the show". not sure what it was about it... but i liked it. maybe because it didn't look like they were trying (if that makes sense - i felt like some of the films you could tell they were trying to make them look/sound good). other than "teenage superhero pregnancy scare" (which i still think has the wrong title), i think "gay by dawn" made me laugh the most. for many reasons, i suppose.
anyways. it was fun. that's what matters (for me).

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home