Monday, May 15, 2006

The end of Camerata (for now)

The St. Joseph Valley Camerata has disbanded, for the time being, following our last concert on May 6. We sang our hearts out, and it was an excellent concert. I will miss this group; I was looking forward to many years of professional choral singing with it.

But, in the words of David Seitz, musical director, "The board members accepted...my resignation. However, neither the corporation nor endowment were disbanded. There are no plans to resume performances just now, but the possibility of Camerata Singers, Inc. being the vehicle for future high-quality performances by accomplished and auditioned singers remains."

The day after the concert, I was talking with some singing friends about forming a smaller mixed voice choral group, more along the lines of mennosong. This idea is part of the Big Unknown currently dominating my plans for the fall :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home