Thursday, May 18, 2006

Plagiarism

I just read yet another article about a rich or famous person getting busted for plagiarism. What's up with that?? With everyone and their dog writing books, making movies, etc, etc, these days, I know it's hard to come up with original stuff, but it's also so easy to share information (whether by book, web-site, or DVD) that I'm surprised anyone would risk it.

I learned my lesson in 5th grade, when I wrote a short-story version of "The Black Stallion." I wasn't even intending to plagiarize; I was just obsessed with the story, but my teacher pulled me aside and gave me a lecture about plagiarism, so I learned.

To me, "Do Not Plagiarize" was a basic life lesson, like "Do Not Steal." I pity the people who didn't learn this when they were young.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home