Monday, June 26, 2006

Defining My Genre: Conclusion

When I was young, my preferred type of book was set in the Far North. Man against Nature, or Animal against Animal, Man and Nature. For most of my teenage and adult life I've read almost exclusively science fiction books. But every once in a while, as with the LEGO sets, I take a totally different track. The last three books I read were The Mists of Avalon (classic science fiction), The Dragon Queen (new science fiction), and The Voice In My Heart (an autobiography of a Burundian genocide survivor). I am currently reading The Raven Warrior (sequel to The Dragon Queen).

I've realized there is a common theme: adventure. Surviving in a harsh environment, traveling through space, riding with King Arthur and his knights, surviving a brutal attack: they are all about feats of strength and daring; about brave people doing amazing things.

That is My Genre.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home