Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Defining My Genre Part 2

These days, I watch many more movies than I read books, but there are similar standards against which I consciously or unconsciously compare other films. These include:

Star Wars (original trilogy, of course)
The Bourne Identity
Pulp Fiction

There are other amazing films that I enjoy, and that, in my opinion, are the ultimate pinnacle of their respective genre, as if all other works in that genre were just rough drafts of these culminary works. These include:

The Lion King (Disney film)
Serenity (Science fiction/Western)
The Matrix (Science fiction/Action)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never gotten in to the Star Wars trilogy. I don't know why. I also am not a fan of Pulp Fiction. I don't necessarily dislike it, but it's not one that I plan to purchase (which says a lot, I think). Some it I enjoyed, but overall I didn't.

I don't if I really have a "genre".

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home