Thursday, June 08, 2006

So tired....

Since about 6 weeks ago, I haven't slept for more than an hour or two between 3am and 7am. As I said to Brandon the other weekend, I get 6 and 4 half hours of sleep per night. I'm not sure why this is happening. I've known for years that I naturally wake up after about 7 hours of sleep, which is annoying since I need 8 or 9. Sometimes I think it's because I'm hungry, lately it's often been because of my cat nuzzling me (I banished him to the back room last night, and it was great!). It could be the dawn, but that seems weird, because there should be less light now, with daylight savings time, than there has been in summer's past. It would be easy to blame it on sleeping in a new house, with east-facing windows, but this definitely started weeks before we moved. So I don't really know why I can't sleep.

All this is to say that between work around the house, and being tired, I haven't had the energy to post much. Someday soon I will remember to bring my camera, and then I will have lots of pictures to post!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think too much. Just lie down and things go well. :)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Stuart Martin said...

Good point. I do tend to over-analyze...

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I've been having a similar problem lately. I've started to get up at 6 to exercise and then the plan was to go to bed at like 10. That hasn't happened yet. Once ten o'clock rolls around I'm wide awake. Even in the mornings when I get up at 5:45 I'm awake before my alarm and it's even still dark out then! It's quite depressing.
-Yo

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i had that problem... i'm tired these days, but not due to lack of sleep. i think i'm getting too much. i wish i could force myself up at 7:00 (which, see, isn't even early) so i could go jogging. but every morning, 7:00 rolls around, my alarm rings... and i hit snooze. a few times. sigh.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home