Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Production Internship

I got an internship as a Production Assistant for an independent film shooting in Goshen! The movie is called Elsewhere. It's a "teen thriller" about a girl in Goshen who falls victim to an internet predator.

They say that when you're looking for a job, you should tell all your friends so they can keep an eye out for openings. I did, and it worked! We were at the Brew Friday night, and Jamie saw an advertisement for internships in this production. I called them up and got an interview on Monday, which went very well. Carlos has to formally confirm it with his boss, but he pretty much said I was in. [edit: I'm in!]

I'll be working 12-14 hour days Saturday-Monday from Sept 23-Oct 18, but this is exactly the sort of opportunity I've been dreaming of!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jeffy :) That sounds like a great opportunity.

But I'm jealous you were at the Brew!!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds awesome!! So how do you get to renegotiate your library schedule with that? (or do you get to give up your library job for that--I'm sure that would be kind of exciting)

Brandon and I would really love to catch up with you and Lisa Rose... it's been too long again.

Take care!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Stuart Martin said...

Actually, the timing worked out perfectly, because the movie is shooting mostly on days I don't work at the library.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home