Friday, October 27, 2006

Excited (and geeky)

To movie fans, the Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is the #1 site for all movie info. If you want to know who was in such and such a movie, and what their role was, there is really no other place to look. IMDb.com has pictures (screen shots, behind-the-scenes, and publicity), trivia, links to reviews, and more.

To those of us who dream of "being in Hollywood", surfing IMDb is about as close as we get. And being listed on the site? Distant fantasy!

Until now.

I'M LISTED ON IMDB.COM!!!!

Someone added me as Jeff Martin (XIII), (that is, the 13th unique person credited in a movie or television show as "Jeff Martin"). In the Elsewhere credits I will actually be credited as "Jeffrey Stuart Martin", so when the movie comes out I might try to change my listing. I chose to use my full name to increase my originality (and therefore name recognition), but I haven't decided definitively what name I want to use in my film career.

Interestingly enough, if my experience working on Elsewhere is any indication, people who actually work on movies, (as opposed to merely being geekily obsessed with them) couldn't care less about IMDb. Sure, maybe they use it once in a while to look something up, but they don't pore over the credits of their favorite movies, or link to it from their blogs.

I have long been firmly in the category of IMDb movie geek, but learning that it might not be cool for a filmmaker to be an IMDb movie geek has put a dent in my enthusiasm. Oh well. For now, I will celebrate!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! No dents neccesary. This is your first time, and thus is emminently cool. Congrats.
Adam

11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, how great! I had looked, actually, to see if you were listed in the Elsewhere credits, but you weren't. I'll have to go again just to see your name :) It's so fun seeing names of people I know on there... no less enthusiasm here!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home