Friday, October 06, 2006

The irony of leaf blowers

Having recently had an otherwise pleasant autumn stroll ruined by a noisy, smelly leaf blower, I am struck by the irony of such a machine. Dry leaves scuttling across the pavement is one of autumn's signature sounds. It brings back happy memories of walking in refreshing Autumn air, jumping in leaf piles, or trick-or-treating at Halloween. It's a great stress reliever.

So why would anyone invent a machine that is God-awfully loud, stinks like Hades, and whose sole purpose is to get rid of the beautiful leaves??? Please chastise me severely if I ever purchase one of these horrific devices.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They also make your shoulders and back quite sore... I had to use one a few times the summer I worked on the good ol' grounds crew - and I dreaded it every time. Not only did it make me sore and was a boring job, but the dumb leaves were back later that day!! It always felt so pointless.
They should be banned!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home