Thursday, February 08, 2007

I could do better than that!

Sometimes, when I'm watching a movie/listening to a song/reading an article I think to myself, "I could do better than that!" Then I stumble across something I've created in the past and realize that it's okay, but not great. So I developed a theory that while I'm not the most promising artist out there, I'm at least reasonably talented.

As I get more life experience, my level of talent may increase slightly, but even if it doesn't, the question I ask myself is, "Am I talented enough to be a professional filmmaker (or singer, or writer, etc.)?" The last time I thought "I could do better than that" was while watching the TV show Star Trek: Voyager. Voyager isn't destined to become a classic, but it's decently well made, and it ran for seven seasons!

If I could make a TV show as good as Voyager, could I make it in the television industry?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home