Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My December


There's been a lot of controversy around Kelly Clarkson's latest album, My December. The story goes that she dumped her producer and went off and did her own album, the way she wanted to do it, and ended up making a weird, depressing album that no one was supposed to like. I read the reviews and thought to myself that I would probably like the album anyways, and today I finally got to listen to it.

There were two specific elements that set it apart from her previous two albums.
1) A higher majority of the songs have the theme "You ruined my life" (which got a little annoying after five songs).
2) Two or three use weird sound effects that make it sound like your CD or web connection is screwing up.

Other than this, My December is similar to Thankful and Breakaway; loud power songs, and mellow ballads, with rock music accompaniment. If you like Kelly Clarkson, you will like this album.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home